Best barred rock?

F435927F-2E31-4FC9-9F95-AE01D9B17FE5.jpeg

D0CD13F2-E483-47B7-B387-621C5C9B07B7.jpeg

The 2 pulleys as of today. “A” with her neck stretched up to look at something.

Most fairs have a category for best pair. In that the birds can be selected for individual distinction but if you enter a cock/erel and hen/pullet they are up for best pair also.

That said, remember I'd mentioned cockerel B was darker, wider black barring. He'd pair well whichever pullets tail is lowest. His darker barring will complement as a pair.

Wait until last week before show and post photos. Things will change.

Most fairs have a category for best pair. In that the birds can be selected for individual distinction but if you enter a cock/erel and hen/pullet they are up for best pair also.

That said, remember I'd mentioned cockerel B was darker, wider black barring. He'd pair well whichever pullets tail is lowest. His darker barring will complement as a pair.

Wait until last week before show and post photos. Things will change.

Our fair doesn’t have that category. :( we will make the final call next weekend and get them all cleaned up and ready to go. Thanks!

Let me preface this with saying we are in a small county... BUT! My son took the rooster without the squirrel tail and he ended up getting reserve champion! Thank you for your help! He also got grand champion on his pen of 3 production pullets (Black sex links).

Let me preface this with saying we are in a small county... BUT! My son took the rooster without the squirrel tail and he ended up getting reserve champion! Thank you for your help! He also got grand champion on his pen of 3 production pullets (Black sex links).
Great to hear!

Back
Top Bottom