Best brand of feed that you trust?

We used to get a local feed mills in house batch and the chickens loved it and did well on it. They since stopped making it in house so we switched to purina. We usually use start n grow all the time but when that is not in stock we have used the all flock which is just as good in my opinion.
My 2 cents if you have a local feed mill see if the have an in house batch as that may come at a better price and may be of better quality than the national brands.

I currently use Purina medicated chick for my chicks and Nutrena All Flock for the rest of my birds. They are both 20% protein. I used to use FRM Show Gold starter for the chicks which was 26% protein and FRM Show Gold Grower for the other birds and FRM Game Bird for my breeders, which are both 20% protein. The store I bought it from was sold and the new owners discontinued carrying the FRM. They carry another local brand but the protein isn't as high. I used the Purina and Nutrena years ago and decided to go back to it. I tried the other but it had a different smell and I wondered if it would make the eggs taste different. Luckily I only bought a bag to try.

Back
Top Bottom