Best Breed?

I'm hooked for life in call ducks! Love those little ducks!

Here's my photobucket album to see pictures of my little ducks!
smile.png

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x396/ducklover1/Call Ducks/

DL an EC - I think im going to have to agree with you there!! Calls are just too darn cute but I cant find any local that are small Billed... their all large Billed an look like pekins..

Quote:
The Hottentot Teals are just a real small Teal duck.

That food dish is a regular sized dog food bowl, just for reference to their size and contains Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance duck food.

I agree on the Mandarins and like the shape of their head and neck better, too.

Quote:

That food dish is a regular sized dog food bowl, just for reference to their size and contains Mazuri Waterfowl Maintenance duck food.

WOW! That is really tiny!
right now im considering the Mandarins, Calls, BEIs, an the Hottentot Teals.. I think I'll hold off on the Silky and Appleyards for now
DH love the Mandarins but I really want a bird I can handle.. I had a friend tell me when she had her BEIs that they were friendlier then her Calls and her Mandarins are total spazzes.
What are the Hottentots temperments like?

Quote:

right now im considering the Mandarins, Calls, BEIs, an the Hottentot Teals.. I think I'll hold off on the Silky and Appleyards for now
DH love the Mandarins but I really want a bird I can handle.. I had a friend tell me when she had her BEIs that they were friendlier then her Calls and her Mandarins are total spazzes.

Check you local and state laws, as you might have to apply for a permit to keep the Teals. Florida requires we have a permit for anything on the migratory list just to own them.

Quote:

Check you local and state laws, as you might have to apply for a permit to keep the Teals. Florida requires we have a permit for anything on the migratory list just to own them.

Oh really? I'll look that up!

Quote:
X2, we have Mandarins as eye candy, and because they are easier to keep than most of the migratory wild water fowl. Just finished landscaping one of the pens recently and they are loving it. Need to add the next boxes for the girls and it will be complete.

Back
Top Bottom