Best chicken feed brand?

Mshine92

Chirping
Jan 25, 2021
Hi there, my silkies just produced their first egg today! I thought they were a little younger so not prepared, what's the best layer feed brand? Also do you guys know how to properly clean eggs? They also are in their own bedroom in my house because it's in the 90s heat of arizona, and they layed in their dirt bath instead of inside of their nesting box in the coop. Is that okay/normal? They're locked away each night inside their coop and then let out in the morning, so they layed the egg today sometimes during the day Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20210407_181457.jpg
    IMG_20210407_181457.jpg
    858.9 KB · Views: 17
I feed my chickens Alflock, and offer them Cracked Oyster shells free-choice. I have layers, and non layers. It is not a Layer feed, but preferred by many since it is good for ALL chickens. The layers supplement their calcium needs with free-choice calcium, like Oyster Shells, and Recycled Egg shells, as well as get some calcium from greens that are growing on the land.
It is the Store brand that I get from my feed supply store.
Since you are in Arizona, consider joining the active group of (mostly) Arizonians on the Arizona State thread.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/arizona-chickens.31227/page-7630

You can get answers to what they purchase locally, as availability may vary by location.
You can also get much advice by local chicken keepers as best way to handle the weather/climate related issues.
One keeper also keeps her chickens indoors.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom