Best Chicken Names..List yours!

I have five hens. Their names are nuts (my Rhode island red), meatball(my day golden one), fluffy (my other gold one) and two white ones that are named Pecker and melmel(MelMel is named after my friend Melissa). Here's a pictures

We have 6 Americauna's that are about 2 months old. We named them Maggie (who is yellow with stripes on her crown), Sweetie (the smallest and by far the sweetest), Ruby (who almost died but nursed her back to health--she's black and white--gorgeous), Hazel (is brown and very skittish), Cruella (the matriarch of the group--she's not the friendliest hence her name), and Hantz Love (a buff chicken that my daughter picked out and also named -- She's 3. ha ha ha).

Building a fun chicken coop. This is our first set of hens and so far so good!

Last edited:
We've got:

Lesley, apparently he was an Australorp cross Hen... Until he started crowing and trying to mount the ladies. Last time we went to that auction.

Caeser, an Ancona Bantem. Likes to think he's bigger than he actually is.

Tez is our newest roo, I don't know much about him but apparently we hatched him out as a chick and he went to live with some friend of ours but we now have him back with us, I don't even know his breed.

And last of all of the cockerels, we have Hassellhoff, a Vorwerk Bantam roo, he's friendly and pretty to look at.

Non of the hens seemed to get named except our Silkie named Butch, since she does look a bit butch and is top hen in the flock.

Last edited:
Our current flock of hens:

Missy - the rescue mystery hen
The Oracle or "Ora" - Speckled Sussex (named by my 12 year old)
Penny - Rhode Island Red
Turkey - Black Australorp

And the babies:

Kana (means "chicken" in Finnish) - Delaware - 3 weeks old
Eclipse - black sex-link - 1 week old

(2 more babies to be added next week, we hope!)

I don't know about the 'best' names for my chickens, so I will just list them all!!!!

Minnie
Blanch*
Lena*
Lou-Lou
Holly*
Amanda
Venus*
Dottie
Rosy
Riley*
Lucky*
Lillie*
Sunny
Snowball*
Alpha
Cai
Ro
Honey
Sweetie
Samantha
Sugar*
Sally*
Alison*
Peach*
Starburst*
Tina*
Rubeda* (Ruby)
Joe*
Rudy*
Sasha*
Goldenrod
Pepper
Ruffles
Dominique

This also includes chickens that have past since I have started raising chickens. (The Astric mark (*) beside some of the names indicates they are still alive)

We call our Red Star pullet "Red" (creative, I know).
Our White Leghorn pullet is called "Fred" (my nearly 4yr-old daughter named her).
One of our Easter Egger pullets is named "Goldie".
We don't have names for our other two Easter Egger pullets...yet.

Our Pekin duck is named "Aflac" (because she/he looks like the Aflac duck).
Our three White Crested ducks are called the "Three Musketeers" (especially convenient since we can't really tell them a part from one another).
We don't have a name for our Black Crested duck...yet.

- TieDyeMommy

Oh haha! I didn't even think to list the names of past chickens.

My first roo was named Chicken Little. We had an easter egger my daughter named Isis and a Golden Comet my son named Honeydew.

I named my first two hens (giant cochins) Penelope & Gertrude because I thought they looked like fancy English old ladies. Lol...

A silver laced Wyandotte named Mokka
A black copper Maran roo named Copernicus

And many more I can't recall...

Back
Top Bottom