Best Chicken Watering system?

Deltaanne

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2020
What is the best watering system/waterer for chicks? 1 I have is too small for the 12 (soon to be 16) I've got and the other pours water out ridiculously. Please help! They're currently in a brooder .

What is the best watering system/waterer for chicks? 1 I have is too small for the 12 (soon to be 16) I've got and the other pours water out ridiculously. Please help! They're currently in a brooder .
A friend actually has Farm Innovators D-19 Heated Water Bowl for Chickens. It seems to work extremely well. :D:D:D

Just a quick side note, in the demo he says to separate the water bottle from the stand and carry just the bottle to the water source. That is obviously a salesman that hasn't actually used it the product.

There's no reason to separate it like that unless your doing a deep clean on it. The stand only weighs a few ounces and has no problem staying on when your carrying it around.

I think mine holds about 5 gal, once I found out how much I liked it I considered getting the big model that holds 7 or 8 gallons. If your thinking about this model you might wanna make sure the hose can reach it cause your probably not going to want to tote a full 8 gallon waterer very far. :thumbsup :wee:smack

My current setup for watering our 70 CX's. Chicken nipples in a piece of 1" PVC pipe. The water is gravity fed from a 55 gallon drum outside the shed. When I split them up into the growout pens in a couple weeks each pen will have the same water set up.

I have a PVC board with a gutter routed in and a drain through the floor in one end. Every few days I just have to take the board out and hose it down as it gets crapped on and bedding brought onto it clogging up the drain. I have the board elevated on a couple bricks to help reduce the amount of shavings that get kicked up onto it.

I've been using the chicken nipples for years both in the bottom of 5 gallon buckets or in a piece of pipe. By incorporating a toilet fill valve along with the nipples in a 5 gallon bucket you can have an auto fill waterer that you hardly have to do any service with. Keeps everything so much cleaner.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_103210.jpg
    IMG_20200413_103210.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20200413_103337.jpg
    IMG_20200413_103337.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 50
A rubber bowl. I’ve tried just about every waterer and the rubber bowl have work best for me.
I had a black rubber bowl in the beginning of my chicken adventure, It was supposed to be their dust bath area. But they would roost on the edge and poop into it. So it was just a large toilet. I took it out, now they dust bathe wherever they want.

Back
Top Bottom