Best Chickens Breeds

Despite having down my research, I still prefer the tried-and-true method of things. Being fairly new to chickens, I was wondering if somebody could recommend some breeds for me.
That all depends on your location (environmental factors for breed selection) and what you are looking for in a chicken (lots of eggs, sweet and friendly, small and cute, more natural).

For a common breed, a barred rock is Very tame and popular, they’re good egg layers and good roosters in my case, another one is the Orpington, they’re pretty chickens and are very popular do usually will do good in the heat and cold (both breeds). Two more good breeds are the Sussex and Cochin, their beautiful chickens, good egg layers, and friendly most of the time. If you are looking to breed any of these chickens, a cochin can sometimes be harder to hatch.

My favorites are the Ayam cemanis, they are not good egg layers, but out of the ones that I have, they are the friendliest and smartest. You can get hatching eggs pretty cheap on eBay.

(I don’t have a picture of my sussexes because they died ago so did my barred Plymouth Rock hen and 2 Orpington hens a few years ago, never had a Cochin, just know about them)
4C4AB370-C0AB-4050-BA5E-08D4DEB200C8.jpeg
236ABDAC-5E55-4FBF-BF79-3DCD6D399376.jpeg
DE09CFC5-3F50-4DC7-A249-02C3EBCB3036.jpeg

Docile sweet and friendly: Orpingtons, Favorelles, Cochins, Silkies, Brahmas....
On the home page, go to menu, choose 'Reviews' and you will find extensive breed reviews.
Good luck, let us know what you get!
Edit to add Sussex commonly available as Speckled Sussex, very friendly birds

Back
Top Bottom