Best clothes iron?

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
I need help. I bought a T-Fal iron thinking it would be decent with 4.5 stars on amazon.com, plus it was cheap.$30.00

I hate it! The steam function has a mind of its own and I've burnt my hand twice in the 3 weeks I've owned it.:/

My husband has more dress clothes then the entire Macy's department store and they need to be pressed for his work.

What's the best iron for the job? I'd like to keep it under $100 if possible. My daughter is graduating HS and it's using up a lot of our funds.

I iron daily. Plus, when winter comes I need a good iron for my quilting.

Can you please help me by telling me the best brand and model? Thank you!

It must have the steam option as well.

I'd like a Rowenta, but have no clue what model.

I have to iron hubby's clothes for his work. He can't wear wrinkly clothes.:p. I wish, I hate ironing.lol

Keep an eye out on ebay or craigslist, or a newspaper for a presser. The kind they use in a dry cleaners. They take a little getting used to, but they will press a crease in pants or shirts in a second, and really neat! You may still need a cheapo iron for the quilting.

This is what I have in mind. It is kind of expensive, but you may be able to find a used one somewhere. I used a professional one in a sewing plant, and loved it. You may like it enough that the price is worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steam-Fast-...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cfcbeb82

Last edited:
My favorite iron is the one someone else does the ironing with. personally I don't mind the wrinkles
lol.png
I'm with you 1MuttsFan. I do own one, the cheapest I could find, and use it for making custom T-shirts.

Keep an eye out on ebay or craigslist, or a newspaper for a presser. The kind they use in a dry cleaners. They take a little getting used to, but they will press a crease in pants or shirts in a second, and really neat! You may still need a cheapo iron for the quilting. This is what I have in mind. It is kind of expensive, but you may be able to find a used one somewhere. I used a professional one in a sewing plant, and loved it. You may like it enough that the price is worth it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steam-Fast-...210?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cfcbeb82

Nice! I will keep a lookout for this! This particular one is a bit spendy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom