1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Best Daddys

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Lacey1988, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I recently made a thread on stories of chickens that dealt with my roo feeding chicks....That got me thinking does anybody have any pictures of their roos being the best daddys they can be

2. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    Anybody??

3. Theeggboxtoo

Theeggboxtoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:I wish I had a roo that liked chicks, how do you get roo to like chicks?

4. Lacey1988

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    I dunno he just went up to them and feed them...Hes a SLW that might be the reason why hes not so mean

5. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a rooster that has no hens. He has a coop to himself and free ranges in a area fenced off from my other chickens. He doesnt get along with any the other roosters is why hes alone. When I move some chicks out of the brooder to a big coop Kelso the lone rooster would hangout by them. So one day I was sitting out there and let him in with them. He loved having them jump all over him ride on his back. He takes care of them like a momma hen. He's a sweet rooster and I would like to find a good home for him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Not the best picture, but this is Mr. Red (RIP) with the last batch of chicks he helped raise before he died [​IMG] . My current rooster is also great with chicks, I just never seem to have my camera handy when he's doing something adorable [​IMG]
    I'll have to work on that [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. bobzant

bobzant Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Perry, IL
    Name: Nugget
    Breed: EE
    He calls for them, feeds them, and sits there and lets them peck the crap outta his face!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by