Best Deal EVER!!!

A.M. Eggs

Songster
Jan 7, 2018
Wichita Falls, TX
I was at Tractor Supply Co. three months ago and was buying my chicken things. It was still chick days and, being the person I am, stopped and peered down at the new shipment of little chicks they got. One of the bins was labeled straight run Turkens, leghorns, and, to my surprise, CREAM LEGBARS! I have looked up cream legbars many times before and was planning to get some, but they cost $25 a female chick! These chicks were only $2!!! Since the cream legbars are an auto-sexing breed, I managed to get 5 beautiful girls for only $10! I also bought 5 olive eggers and 2 brown leghorns to make their life easier. Now they are enjoying life with their new flock! I couldn't be happier with my miracle deal!

So question about great deals? I found some cream legbar pullets for $15 a piece. Deal or no deal?

Are they POL? That might be a good price for your part of the country. That's what I would expect to pay here in Wyoming.

I don’t think that is a good deal. They normally cost $15-$25 per chick. That is expensive for a chicken!

I got my chicks for $5 each. I can see where an older, point of lay girl would be around $15.

Yes they are laying. Just started. I thought it was pretty good. I just ordered some started barred rock for 13 a piece from Meyers.

Back
Top Bottom