Best Deworming?

DyanneOv

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2020
Hello Fellow friends. I heard safeguard 10% and wazine is the best combo for deworming chickens but I can't locate how to administer/how much? I'm open to other suggestions. I dewormed them last summer and I think I'm overdue.

I haven't heard of using those two chemicals together as a combo. Wazine has been discontinued but you can find an alternate version in places if you look hard enough. Maybe @dawg53 has heard of that.

Knowing what worms you want to treat is important. Both Safeguard and Wazine treat roundworms. Roundworms are the most common worm but roundworms and tapeworms have different approaches. What type of worm do you want to treat?

It's not important to know what worms to treat in chickens, why? Because Safeguard is a broad spectrum wormer. An exception is tapeworms. However, you'll know your birds will have tapeworms when you see segments in feces. Then use Equimax or Zimecterin Gold.
There's no need to use wazine anyway (if you have some.) Safeguard will take care of all roundworms.

I haven't heard of using those two chemicals together as a combo. Wazine has been discontinued but you can find an alternate version in places if you look hard enough. Maybe @dawg53 has heard of that.

Knowing what worms you want to treat is important. Both Safeguard and Wazine treat roundworms. Roundworms are the most common worm but roundworms and tapeworms have different approaches. What type of worm do you want to treat?
I should have been more clear, wazine for one week, then safeguard the next.

There's no need for the wazine since it only gets rid of large roundworms. Safeguard or Valbazen takes care of all roundworms, including large roundworms.
The Safeguard liquid goat wormer dosage is 0.23ml per pound given orally for 5 days straight.
Valbazen is 1/2ml orally and repeated in 10 days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom