Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Sheds

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Garages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DIY from scratch

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
We have our coop inside a wire dog kennel, anchored with hardware cloth buried around the perimeter and up the sides about a foot everywhere except the door. Have added hardware cloth on top underneath the canopy cover for added security, and feel it is pretty secure, especially with the solar-powered pop door on the coop for nights. However, our camera caught this guy managing to get into the run thru the 2" opening in the bars. At least he was a young one, but just goes to show you can never be too sure your birds are safe from predators. Here's the video:

I'm also one of those coop inside the kennel folks. Currently trying to figure out how to get a bigger coop incorporated, as I'd like to be ready for more chicks by next spring at the latest.

after1.jpg

I'm also one of those coop inside the kennel folks. Currently trying to figure out how to get a bigger coop incorporated, as I'd like to be ready for more chicks by next spring at the latest.

View attachment 1271199

I would imagine you would be able to butt another one of the kennels up to the gate and match the gates together coop and just take the gates off and take one of those gates and put it somewhere on the outer perimeter for you to access.

If that makes any sense...

We have our coop inside a wire dog kennel, anchored with hardware cloth buried around the perimeter and up the sides about a foot everywhere except the door. Have added hardware cloth on top underneath the canopy cover for added security, and feel it is pretty secure, especially with the solar-powered pop door on the coop for nights. However, our camera caught this guy managing to get into the run thru the 2" opening in the bars. At least he was a young one, but just goes to show you can never be too sure your birds are safe from predators. Here's the video:
that's a big rat. you would of never thought he could get through the fence. i dread to think what is running around in the chicken pen at night.

That's probably going to be the best option. They will be bantam chickens, so there will be quite a bit of space in there for my little feather footed babies.

I attached a photo of what the kennel will look like. this one doesn't have the canopy on it, but the exact size of the kennel would be pretty much an 8x8.
How do you cover the gap in the door?

A dog kennel is a great choice for a Xmas present! XD When I went to the farm for horse riding, I spoke to this man. We discussed the difference between ESA and service dog because his wife had problems with anxiety, and he wanted to help her. And then I noticed that he’d got a great coop. So, I asked for some advice on building a nice one. He listed the main things I should consider: the location, the size, the material, the protection, the doors, the nesting boxes, the ventilation, and the electricity. If you consider these steps, I think you’ll build a great coop. Btw, how do you think a chicken can be an emotional support animal? As for chicks, relax. They are so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom