BEST DUCK HATCHERY

Andre

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 17, 2012
can anyone on here give me as many duck hatcheries as possible ....please all good ones thanks !

What quality do you want?

Metzers is only waterfowl, but will give you pet quality birds

Holderreads is not a "hatchery" but is large scale and has the potential to get high quality birds from.

Private breeders of specific breeds are a good source for quality birds.

Well Izzo my duck was my everything and now hes passed on ! and i miss him soo but i know that he would want me to move on and i want the best quality duck out there! but I dont know what breed to get ...a pekin or something new ...i really like the blue magpie but everywhere i go its the call duck and i dont want that one i want the standard but if you know anyone who hatches this breed please let me know and if i can only but one because thats all i can get !

Good luck buying a single duckling. There are minimums for shipping so the babies can stay warm and arrive alive. Sorry your duck passed away.

You may want to start your search on Craigslist locally since you don't want to buy multiple ducks.

I would suggest going to your local feed store for one duck. We bought our first one from them and they let us get only one (manly that is all they had left to sell). We don't know what kind of duck it is but it is growing up fast. Or if you can find a hatchery that is close to you I would call them and see if you could go and pick up a single duck from them. Good Luck on your search.

If you're OK with a drake I bet there are plenty of legit folks on Craig's List just looking to unload a drake to keep the male:female ration of their flock more harmonious!

If you meet the seller in a public place and the duck looks healthy, probably not a big risk. (optimal situation: someone ordered from Holderread's, which only does straight run, now needs to unload an excess drake)

Are any of the Where Are You/Where Am I Subforums relevant to your location? That might be a good place to ask too.

Where are you? (Like what state...)

ETA: I ask this because someone on here may have one you could buy if you were close enough to pick it up ...

Last edited:
I would also check Craigslist. I am one of those people who bought straight run ducks and have Drakes I have to now re-home because I have too many males to females. There are others like me and it's hard to re-home. I don't have 30 friends with ducks that can just take it...so I have to go find people who want males. LOL

Back
Top Bottom