Best feed for eggs?

buddy#2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Perry County, PA
I found Homestead Layer feed that I think is great. Compared to the local mill its far better at making eggs than their stuff. What is everyone using out there. I thought of mixing my own stuff but time is very short for me each day.

buddy#2 :

I found Homestead Layer feed that I think is great. Compared to the local mill its far better at making eggs than their stuff. What is everyone using out there. I thought of mixing my own stuff but time is very short for me each day.

We use Homestead Layer too and we LOVE it!!!!​

We're having great results with Countryside Organics. Still getting one egg per day from our girls. They love that feed.

We also supplement with Farmer's Helper at about 10% of total ration. Seems to work very well for us.

I have used and liked Homestead Layer, the only problem I have with it is that it does not have animal protein in it.
If you are looking a real good feed look for Buckeye Nutrition, there hard to beat.

Buckeye has 3 types of layer feed -

20% Gold Standard Crumbles
17% Complete Laying Crumbs
16% Prosperity Layer Crumbs

Chris

Last edited:
None of these feeds are available here, only Purina everywhere. There is an Agway that carries Buckeye horse products, but only Purina Chicken feed. Purina has everything tied up here.

Back
Top Bottom