Best Feed for Laying Chicks

whychicksmatter

Songster
6 Years
Mar 9, 2016
Hi, I have some month old Orpington layer chicks and have been feeding them the starter crumbles. I think I remember some advice somewhere along the line saying that good laying hens should not be fed the commercial grower but can't remember for sure. Could someone please advise on what is best at this age?
Thanks

Hi, I have some month old Orpington layer chicks and have been feeding them the starter crumbles. I think I remember some advice somewhere along the line saying that good laying hens should not be fed the commercial grower but can't remember for sure. Could someone please advise on what is best at this age?
Thanks
I use the starter crumbles too, I’d like to see someone else’s advice on the best feed!

I started my chicks off on Healthy Harvest 22% chick starter crumbles and they are doing really well. Growing like a weed, very active and alert. I was also looking at Egglands Best Organic Starter/Grower sure seems to be a good. I like how they list ALL of the vitamins and minerals in the analysis list on the bag.
Picture_23.jpg

Back
Top Bottom