Best friends

Downshifting

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 16, 2010
Raleigh, NC
A little background: I upset the order of things in my pen on Sunday by sending my roo and two ladies off to a new home. I had also been convalescing a couple of girls (a RIR and a Brown Leghorn) in a dog crate right next to the pen. I decided that since removing the roo would upset the pecking order somewhat, it might be a good time to put the two that I'd been keeping separate back in with the rest of the girls.

The little Brown Leghorn was noticibly agitated by being in the pen with all the other chicks. Her buddy, the RIR seemed to be trying her best to calm her down and keep the other girls away from her. At one point they both climbed up on a roost pole and the little RIR snuggled up next to the Brown Leghorn and when she fluffed up and settled down on the pole, little RIR put one of her wings over the other little girl and they just sat there. Completely coincidental...yes...but incredibly cute nonetheless!
smile.png

51321_bestfriends1.jpg

51321_bestfriends2.jpg

Quote:
I think I tend to emotionalize and humanize the antics of my pets somewhat. Although, even after 2-days they are still practically inseparable.

When one of my EE had pasty butt and was looking a little weary, I cleaned her up and gave her special attention. When she went back in the brooder, one of my BR cuddled right up to her, and covered her with her little wing when they went to sleep.

Chickens definitely have feelings, and look out for one another. You are so lucky you caught it on camera
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom