Best Hatchery For ISA Browns?

Unless you go to a private breeder or smaller hatchery, the main commercial hatcheries are all going to be similar, and not one necessarily "better quality" chickens than another. Those are all commercially bred.

They are also called Red Stars and I saw Cackle, Murray McMurray, and a few others have them. I think what it'll boil down to for me is the price with shipping.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I learned that some say that ISA Browns are also known as Red Star, Cinnamon Queen, Golden Comet, Red Sex Link, and maybe 2 or 3 other names. In reality that is not truly the case. For Instance, an ISA Brown is the result of a Rhode Island Red crossed with a Rhode Island White. The other breeds mentioned above are the results of crosses with other kinds of chickens like Delaware, Leghorn, Rock, etc. I have that info downtairs and cant remember them all. But many hatcheries claim they have Browns but dont. They have something similiar. My research discovered that as of several years ago there were only a very few hatcheries that were licensed to sell official ISA Browns. Interesting. I would like to get offecial Browns and dont like someone passing off something different and calling it a Brown.

Back
Top Bottom