Best hatchery to buy ducklings?

Agree on that! - Hopefully these youtubers had to undergo some serious bio-safety procedures before and after their visit. :confused:
Yeah they don't usually let people tour the hatchery. lol. He's pretty popular on YouTube my 11 year old son and I watch him. He's no expert at anything but he's making mistakes so everyone can see them, lol. It's entertaining and he plugs companies so...free advertising for Murray McMurray, lol. :gig

The main reason I would go with Ideal is that we can go pick them up. I do not like that they say may have crested in the order. Then again, you never know. The offspring from our TSC ducks hatched with two crested and the other three had little puffs on their head and neck. None of the parents had this.
That is a bad sign! Crests are birth defects and those ducks would not survive in nature long enough to produce offspring. If offspring from non-crested ducks develops crests it is a sign that the whole bloodline is suffering from inbreeding.

I just ordered my 3 pekin females from Murray McMurray and they told me that all of their ducklings ship from California and basically admitted that mine in fact came from Metzers. They were a day late arriving so I called them. I had one obvious runt with a curled up foot while the other two were healthy and thriving. My little one has since recovered with a duck shoe and lots of B complex. When I called them they refunded my money and told me not to expect the little one to live. I was distraught but determined. Thankfully I did not give up on her and she is growing and walking like a normal duckling. My 3 runners came from them as well last year and they all showed up happy and healthy. I have a hard time recommending them since they failed to communicate to me that these ducklings were going from CA to MD. I would have chosen somewhere much closer had I known that.

I just ordered my 3 pekin females from Murray McMurray and they told me that all of their ducklings ship from California and basically admitted that mine in fact came from Metzers. They were a day late arriving so I called them. I had one obvious runt with a curled up foot while the other two were healthy and thriving. My little one has since recovered with a duck shoe and lots of B complex. When I called them they refunded my money and told me not to expect the little one to live. I was distraught but determined. Thankfully I did not give up on her and she is growing and walking like a normal duckling. My 3 runners came from them as well last year and they all showed up happy and healthy. I have a hard time recommending them since they failed to communicate to me that these ducklings were going from CA to MD. I would have chosen somewhere much closer had I known that.
Glad to hear the your little one recovered!

Back
Top Bottom