Best hatchery to buy ducklings?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MCBlueSwede, May 19, 2019.

1. Sentimentalgamer

Sentimentalgamer Chirping

May 2, 2019
    AL
    Probably because no credible chicken farmer would order from them if they saw! No wonder so many die otw, I'd be stressed too if someone dug threw my crotch then tossed me in a box on top of my brother's then let me side down a metal ramp after squishing my neck down so a needle could jam in it! And all that BEFORE getting shipped in a dark and scary box. That's alot for such a tiny animal right after hatching

2. Ryder

Ryder Songster

Oct 16, 2018
    Ozark Missouri
    Never thought of it that way but yah so scary for them!!!!

house.of.ducks, Jpat and quackiemama like this.
  3. Jbently28

Jbently28 Songster

May 7, 2018
    Louisiana
    My thoughts exactly. I'm almost certain that most of the larger hatcheries have the same exact practices in order to keep operations running smoothly. Apparently it's a pretty normal thing or they wouldn't have allowed it to be put out there for the world to see. And who knows, what we see may be one of the better ones.

4. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    She did and let me tell you what she is a spunky little thing. She is the bravest one when exploring and is so very cuddly.

5. house.of.ducks

house.of.ducks Songster

May 4, 2018
    Connecticut
    I've always had good luck with Metzer and they shipped all the way from California to me in Connecticut and every time I ordered the minimum and the babies arrived happy and healthy.

quackiemama likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: