Best Hen Contest #2

This is Charlie, she is supposed to be a Black Laced Red Wyandotte but the reds are weak so it’s more GLW. But she’s a beautiful, soft, round hen and I love her. Oh, and she’s 7 months old.
So many pretty hens. She is beautiful. I have a few GLW, how is she with the other birds. I have one girl who is not nice. But she's older, I've noticed her pulling on Buff Brahma feathers.

So many pretty hens. She is beautiful. I have a few GLW, how is she with the other birds. I have one girl who is not nice. But she's older, I've noticed her pulling on Buff Brahma feathers.
Thanks! So far she has been alright. She is not a cuddly hen, but loves to be near me and gets a bit jealous when the babies get attention from me. It took the longest to integrate the babies (they're 4.5 months now...not really babies anymore :hit) because of her, she likes to chase them and can sometimes be a butt, but for the most part she leaves them all alone. She still likes to remind them she's bigger and older and they all leave her alone. Even my rooster boy seems to know she is not approachable yet haha--he has no problem approaching the silkie and a couple of my pullets that look like they are getting closer to POL, but he generally leaves her be haha. She was the ONLY hen from my first 5 chicks I ever bought and STILL hasn't laid an egg. :barnie:th

This is Tillie, she is a 1 year old Easter Egger hen, and she is so sweet. If I tap something she flies up to it, and she defended me from my crazy hen when she pecks my boots!
BBA0F485-64BC-4E8A-8EE5-DAB215865D9F.png
F5EE900A-2CB0-46D0-81B2-E6C6084ADF1D.jpeg
526710C8-657B-4C3B-BF9B-0F9004AF5BF1.jpeg

Thanks! So far she has been alright. She is not a cuddly hen, but loves to be near me and gets a bit jealous when the babies get attention from me. It took the longest to integrate the babies (they're 4.5 months now...not really babies anymore :hit) because of her, she likes to chase them and can sometimes be a butt, but for the most part she leaves them all alone. She still likes to remind them she's bigger and older and they all leave her alone. Even my rooster boy seems to know she is not approachable yet haha--he has no problem approaching the silkie and a couple of my pullets that look like they are getting closer to POL, but he generally leaves her be haha. She was the ONLY hen from my first 5 chicks I ever bought and STILL hasn't laid an egg. :barnie:th
Hopefully soon. Mine are the same way, curious, friendly, but do not want to be touched. She is the one in my avatar. My roosters approach her with caution lol.

I would say Greyslyn is my best hen. She is a popular search in google if you are looking for gray egg layers, she has also been in a newspaper. She is almost 10, and I even hatched out 3/4 she laid last year. I can pick her up anytime I want too. Below before she laid an egg...
gadeo.PNG

Her egg is the gray one to the right...
aaer.PNG

Her today...for being almost 10 she photographs well.
1graa.PNG

below is one of her daughters...
1gr.PNG

Her daughters eggs are the gray ones below
6a.PNG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom