Best ideas for low maintenance coop?

I am building my coop soon too and planning for as much automation as possible for us to be away for vacation from time to time.
After reading ALOT of forums and researching I’ve decided to add the following for those reasons:
An automatic pop door
An automatic waterer that is hooked up to a water hose (also a heated version for winter)
An automatic “treadle” feeder - large size. Roll away nest boxes. Accessible from the outside.
let me know if you have other ideas/suggestions.

I assume that many of you have kids, activities and travel. What are the essential chicken coop “hacks” to make chickens as low maintenance as possible? If you want to leave for a weekend or a week, what are the best coop modifications to make that seamless?
I have just the tips for you. All in a neat video from me. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Raising peacocks and saving time!! Essential DIY hacks.Raising peacocks and saving time!! Essential DIY hacks.

If I thought I could not leave my chickens for a week I would not have them, my set up would allow me to leave for two weeks.
this, X1000

i wouldn’t have chickens if i had to stop living life the way i enjoy because of them.

their feeder holds 60lbs, their water bucket lasts ~10 days in the summer and about 2 weeks in the fall/winter.

the coop and run is completely predator proof, absolutely nothing can get in. that means their pop door stays open 24/7 and they’re completely self-sufficient for as long as they have water.

when we go away, i just ask my next door neighbor to collect the eggs whenever is convenient for him. and he’s free to keep as many as he wants.

Back
Top Bottom