Best incubator for beginner - all in 1 type - 150 or less?

Pics

flipflops

Chirping
Jun 19, 2017
I want to try my hand at some silkie hatching. What is the best all in 1 incubator for a beginner, that includes the egg turner? I want something that I do not have to watch a bunch. Any ideas?

Look at Incubator Warehouse they have lots of options. I use a Hovabator styro. 1610 incubator with a turner that keeps the eggs upright - easier on shipped eggs especially. I like the set up, the bator keeps temp and humidity really well BUT I use it with both an independent thermometer and hygrometer both calibrated to be sure that everything stays as it should.

I just got the same bator as Spartan and LOVE it. Honestly, it is worth the money. I don't have to bother with it at all, I just check the water level and temp every now and then and make sure the room my bators are in don't get cold at night.

I don't have any experience with any other incubators other than some cheapo ones I bought off ebay. I bought 2. One is a complete dud. The other works, but takes a LOT of babysitting. Steer clear of any that look like this. They aren't worth the trouble.
upload_2018-3-13_16-49-29.png

I know right, I just got lucky a friend split with me on the cost. We were looking at so many but lots of flaws. Since we were beginners and very busy with work, we want one that has less work and less mistake and we were thrilled.

I want to try my hand at some silkie hatching. What is the best all in 1 incubator for a beginner, that includes the egg turner? I want something that I do not have to watch a bunch. Any ideas?
Brinsea mini.
Check your local Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace, I see incubators on there all the time. Don't go cheap, buy once buy right. If you don't you've wasted your $ anyway. Better the bator, better chance of it holding temp, and actually hatching anything. I just have a Hova 1588, works but they are pricey, made out of styrofoam and hold 42 eggs.
I've heard a lot of people like those Brinsea minis, only six eggs, and have a turner. The older models are cheaper than the new one, might find a deal on a good one used, someone upgrading to a larger bator and doesn't need it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom