Best incubator for hatching quail eggs

Twhi7

Songster
Feb 9, 2021
Hi everyone,

I will be getting 12-24 (not entirely sure how many yet, but won’t be more than 24) coturnix quail eggs to hatch in a few weeks! I have zero experience hatching any eggs but have done my fair share of research. However, I’m totally overwhelmed with how many different options/types of incubators. If you’ve hatched quail eggs, what incubator worked well for you? Or what are your recommendations? Any tips are greatly appreciated!

For convenience I would prefer something I could order off Amazon or even pick up from tractor supply, but I’m open to anything!

Thanks in advance 😊

Which incubator you choose is actually less important than making sure that you have at least two calibrated thermometers and a salt calibrated hygrometer inside. Never, ever, trust the readings on your incubator.

Here is an article that goes over incubation and some of the things you want to look for in an incubator.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/coturnix-incubation-tips.76184/

I have a related question. I'm currently have chickens and am just starting to research quail. Can a chicken egg incubator be used for quail?
Yes. If it has an automatic egg turner, you may want to get quail egg rails, but an incubator is an incubator. Since you have chicken experience, I'm guessing that you already know that you can never trust the incubator's readings, so you should have at least one calibrated thermometer inside.

I’ve only been a quail keeper for 2yrs so I’m still very new to it. In the beginning I watched a lot of coturnix corner and slightly redneck videos on YouTube and pretty much any questions you have they answer it in their videos. I own the little giant incubator with the automatic egg turner and am very pleased with it. If you’re doing smaller hatches you might want something smaller like the Nurture Right 360.

I’ve only been a quail keeper for 2yrs so I’m still very new to it. In the beginning I watched a lot of coturnix corner and slightly redneck videos on YouTube and pretty much any questions you have they answer it in their videos. I own the little giant incubator with the automatic egg turner and am very pleased with it. If you’re doing smaller hatches you might want something smaller like the Nurture Right 360.
Can you pls quantify a "smaller hatch"? Thx!

Hi everyone,

I will be getting 12-24 (not entirely sure how many yet, but won’t be more than 24) coturnix quail eggs to hatch in a few weeks! I have zero experience hatching any eggs but have done my fair share of research. However, I’m totally overwhelmed with how many different options/types of incubators. If you’ve hatched quail eggs, what incubator worked well for you? Or what are your recommendations? Any tips are greatly appreciated!

For convenience I would prefer something I could order off Amazon or even pick up from tractor supply, but I’m open to anything!

Thanks in advance 😊
For a realitively cheap incubator, TSC has the Farm's Innovator Pro 4250. The newer version has a port on the side to add water without lifting the lid. The foam is incased in a plastic shell, which helps with keeping clean and keeps the foam from getting dents, holes and mice from eating holes into the foam...(yes, I've had that happen with my old LG bators, when in storage).
It does need to be modified to perform with excellent results, and will cost you an additional $30 but with the addition of the Inkbird ITC-306T thermostat/controller, it will hold temperature constant. The temperature probe can be inserted through one on the vent holes in the top. With the addition of 'quail rails' for the auto turner, your set for 'plug & play'. They can be obtained on Amazon. It has 2 outlets, so 2 incubators can be use at the same time or use one as a bator and the other as a hatcher. Here's a link to the ones I use.
Easy to follow instructions included.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Inkbi...f=SLP_FW_81B3C38B-64AE-43F5-BB61-37B297EB6745

61BYbCRCHAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
For a realitively cheap incubator, TSC has the Farm's Innovator Pro 4250. The newer version has a port on the side to add water without lifting the lid. The foam is incased in a plastic shell, which helps with keeping clean and keeps the foam from getting dents, holes and mice from eating holes into the foam...(yes, I've had that happen with my old LG bators, when in storage).
It does need to be modified to perform with excellent results, and will cost you an additional $30 but with the addition of the Inkbird ITC-306T thermostat/controller, it will hold temperature constant. The temperature probe can be inserted through one on the vent holes in the top. With the addition of 'quail rails' for the auto turner, your set for 'plug & play'. They can be obtained on Amazon. It has 2 outlets, so 2 incubators can be use at the same time or use one as a bator and the other as a hatcher. Here's a link to the ones I use.
Easy to follow instructions included.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/Inkbi...f=SLP_FW_81B3C38B-64AE-43F5-BB61-37B297EB6745

View attachment 3125503
does this one you rec automatically rotate? is automatic rotation necessary for quail eggs?

Back
Top Bottom