Best incubator for Peafowl eggs under $500

Mcubero

Hatching
Oct 12, 2016
I want to buy an affordable reasonable effective incubator for my peafowl eggs. I would appreciate any suggestion on which one to buy and would be great to hear success stories.

Thanks,
Mario

I bought a brinsea eco octagon 20. I bought it for chicken eggs, but in the manual it mentions peafowl, parrot eggs, etc. I have read about people successfully using brinsea incubators for really expensive birds, so that may be something to try.

Oh and I missed this on my first post, but I just hatched my first batch of chicken eggs in the brinsea. It was totally full, and I'm not very experienced. I had 100% hatch rate on chicken eggs.

Thanks for your info. It sure is a good referal for the Brinsea. In the past, I did great with my Lyon TX6 hatching pheasants, chicken, ducks etc. But I do not know what is going now with my peafowl eggs.

I will look into the Brinsea. This is the first time I hear about them.

Thanks,

Mario

I actually was just looking around byc and found this forum.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/605301/brinsea-incubator-opinions-please

There is a quote on there from SD peafowl that said the following:

"I have the Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 and it works good for peafowl eggs. I had a 100% hatch rate with the first use, and every time after that alway had 75% or higher hatch rate. I can fit around 12 eggs in at a times. Hope that helps."

That is the same exact incubator that I got, and it is on amazon for $179.99 (the base model).

There were also some bad reviews on there. Some said the thermostat wouldn't hold, but mine came with a 3 yr warranty, so idk why they wouldn't send it in for service/replacement. The other bad reviews mostly seem to be different brinsea incubators, but it is def a good read to see lots of different sides of the story :D

@AugeredIn and @KsKingBee can help you out on hatching pea eggs start to finish in a Brinsea, they should be here soon,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

I have an incubator from farm innovations. I bought it at tractor supply. It has a fan that circulates the air and everything is digital. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but I LOVE it!!! It's easy to control the humidity and I'm having amazing hatch rates!!! My husband brought me home 2 pea eggs from a friends house, I hand turned them twice a day and both hatched.

Back
Top Bottom