Best Incubator Out There?

Steven Seitz

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 18, 2014
Im looking to get an incubator to hatch a few of my duck eggs, I have hatched them before with a still air cheap on before but it was too much headache always checking the temperature and humidity. What is a good incubator that has a good solid steady temperature and gauge along with a built in egg turner with timer and also allows me to control the humidity?

For not too many eggs, both the king suro and the Rcom 20 are excellent at holding temperature, automatic turning and humidity- you set them at the % humidity you want, keep water reservoir full and it does the rest.

I have also thought about incubating and have had trouble deciding what I wanted and what is effective. Now I know that I should choose the R-Com mini.

I'm also debating between the Rcom 20 pro, and the Rcom 20 max I see on eBay for a few hundred dollars cheaper, but both have the same descriptions. Anyone know the difference? Also considering the Brinsea octagon advance ex. They all seem to have fans, auto turners, and humidity pump. Is there a difference in what you can program to do? Is one more accurate and reliable?

Last edited:
i use 2 r-com 20 max and 1 big incubator for my waterfowl eggs and pheaseants, i only use the r-com 20 max for my pheasant and duck eggs if i have no more space i am forced to put them in the big one, the big one is also good but i find breeding with more smaller ones you got better results because you got more control over the smaller space and if there is problems with one of the machines the other one should still be working, now the diference between max and pro is that the pro is for people that have never used an incubator and just select the icon they want for the bird egg they incubate and it has preinstalled tempurtares turning rates, but the icons dont cover the different types of ducks pheasants in breeding days so that you have to adjust etc, i recomend you buy the max, because it is cheaper, not hard to use, the booklet has info on tempertures etc, and if you plan on laying in different bird eggs you can if you buy the universal egg tray, here in europe it comes with the universal egg tray, right now in both my r-com there are mandering,hooded merganser, treeduck, 3 chiken eggs and 1 swan egg, and they all are growing phine and some are due to hatch i have been using them for my second breeding season and i recomend buying the max not the pro unless you really want the pro and you wont be able to understand the manaulle
mvg louis

Back
Top Bottom