Best incubator under 80 dollars?

gwenirish11

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 10, 2012
Highland Michigan
I've been searching and searching For a good show quality welsh harlequin Looks like I'm going to order some eggs And try to hatch em myself. But I have to get a incubator and I need help figuring out which is best. I can only spend under 80 dollars.... any suggestions??

Contrary to popular belief the LG can be a good incubator, of you spend the time to learn the intricacies of it. I use an LG with an autoturner and a fan. My hatch rates are 80-90%.

For $80, you can buy the electronics to build a good home made incubator. Other than that, you are going to find it difficult to buy something good for $80. I think whatever you do, you are going to be hand turning for that amount to spend.

If you can come up with another $20, you have close to the amount to buy a box of ducklings from Holderread.

It really helps if you give a general idea of your location because you never know when someone will see your note and knows where there are ducks near you.

Oregon blues does have a point. You can build your own for much cheaper than you can buy one. Also, if you only have $80 for the incubator then what do you have to spend on eggs that may or may not hatch? From what I remember, hatching eggs can be pretty expensive.

I want to get it incubator in the future anyways when I start breeding so I just figured just do it now. By the way I am in michigan I didn't even think to say that... thank you! I wanted to order some ducklings but I have found no 1 to go in on it with me. I cannot keep all 10 I wish I could because I woulda done that a long time ago:) so how exactly do you build an incubator?:)

You need to do a couple of batches in the LG incubator to get a feel for it, don't put expensive eggs in it the first go around. Once eggs hit the post office, the chances of them hatching decrease. Specially if you don't know your incubator well.

Going with averages, you might get 3 ducklings from every 10 eggs. Or, buy 10 ducklings from Holderread, and get 10 ducklings. You don't get money back on eggs that don't hatch. No refunds on hatching eggs unless they arrive broken.

There's always the chance nothing at all will hatch.

Personally, I would buy the ducklings from Holderread, grow them out, pick the best 6 for 2 trios, sell the other 4, use that money to buy an incubator, to hatch the eggs from the flock.

Back
Top Bottom