Best Incubator?

Anyone that hatches eggs at this point.. LOL

I used to use an LG... then it shorted out.

I'm using an old Lyons Electric cabinet... but can't get the humidity up over the 40's.

I've built my own hatcher.... but scared to actually use it.

And I'm thinking about buying a HovaBator 1602.

So there ya go... take your pick! LOL

I have two home made bators that I built based on the MissPrissy design (each cost less than $20 to build) and have been hatching eggs since January. Having great success.

I use Lyon TX-6 and TX-7's as well as a Lyon Roll-X.

I would not buy anything else. You can get them pretty reasonable on Ebay, and they are all completely controlled from the outside of the incubator, no reason to open it once your eggs are set.

A lot of people are going to tell you to get the new styrafoam one the Genesis, however, if your going to spend that kind of money, you might as well get something better used that is NOT made of styrafoam IMO.

We have 3 sportsmans, and bought them new in 2000, never had to do anything to them. They are great machines. Never have to worry about the humidity or temps either.

Quote:
can you pls give me the design

Heres a link that shows you how to build homemade incubators.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-incubator.html
ETA:
welcome-byc.gif
from TN

Last edited:
I love my Sears Roebuck Farm Master, 70 year old peice of equipment and works like a dream! Only issue I have is the wafer always goes bad after a month of use, not sure if this is normal but it's annoying
smile.png

B. Saffles Farms :

Quote:
can you pls give me the design

Heres a link that shows you how to build homemade incubators.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-incubator.html
ETA:
welcome-byc.gif
from TN​

When you go to this page, the first is GopherBoys and the second is MissPrissy's - Both are excellent step-by-step instructions. If you would like to see mine, look at linds-incubator.

Last edited:
I have a Hovabator Genesis, my only complaint is the fan has officially gone out and I haven't had it long at all. Never seemed to work "great" from the start but it went downhill fast and has officially give up completely now. I'll probably just have my hubby replace it with a computer fan.

We use a homemade incubator as our hatcher. Its a styrofoam cooler with plexiglass top. Light bulb for the heat and a wafer thermostat. Works fine, have had great results thus far with it hatching.

We need a new water tray for the bottom, I keep two in there but one was cracked and I didn't know it till it was time to set eggs to hatch so I'm hoping and praying we have a good hatch. We have one pipped so far, they're due tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom