Best Incubators for Beginners

I recently snagged a used one off eBay the Kebonnixs, and so far it works. However, I suggest you watch some videos and read about each model. Each brand is different some are better than others. When doing research into them, I found some of the most pricey incubators to not be worth it. And others that are amazing but just outright too pricey or hard to find. You want to buy one that suits you and your family. (I've never hatched anything yet). That being said if you're looking to get a preowned one, check out sites like mercari, eBay, and Poshmark.

I started out with a Farm Innovator incubator and bought an egg turner for it on Amazon and it did pretty good atleast 50% hatch rate on shipped eggs. I now have a Brinsea Ovation 56EX and this thing is incredible. It comes with an automatic egg turner and even has a system to keep the humidity where you set it. It has a tube that you stick in a bottle of water and as long as the bottle doesn't run out of water it does a really good job of maintaining the humidity. I place 3 Govee hygometers in the incubator and set the incubator to 100.1 to get an actual temp of 99.5. I have been getting better than a 50% hatch rate out of it consistently and highly recommend this incubator.

Back
Top Bottom