Best Incubators - Review your favorite!

my 1588 was my favorite to until my son decided to use it as a stepping stool... Now I'm on my first hatch with the Brinsea 20 eco.... I had a great 100% hatch when I used my 1588 and only had a bad hatch after I tried to duct tape it back together and use it after my son crushed it.... I miss my 1588 and hope the new one will work as well...

i have a R-COM 20 digital incubator and let me just say I absolutely!!!! love it. I ordered mine from the lyon technologies, and they wanted $500.00 for one and i saw one for $199.99 on another website and they matched it for me! i have hatched guineas in it, chickens, quail, robins, now duck eggs. and every timei have got every fertile egg to hatch! it keeps the temp and humidity at the correct setting for the whole incubation process and it automatically stops turning three days before they hatch. all you do is top off with water every couple a days. doesn't get any easier than that!! if you get the R-COM 20 pro if you're hatching ducks it keeps the temp at 99.5 for 25 days and the last 3 days it automaticaly goes down to 98.7 like the real nest! they also have a back-up battery in case the power goes off and it'll run a few hours off that until the power comes back on. I would strongly suggest you get one of these if you are serious about incubation!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

I am looking to buy a larger capacity incubator. I want something automatic (I run a farm and work full time off farm) I currently have the Rcom mini that does 3 eggs at a time. Hatched countless chickens and my first batch of turkeys. I love it, but I hatch them about as quickly as the coyotes take a few here and there.

I want to raise my own flock of turkeys and not have to buy poults, and start hatching some special chicken breeds, as well as my mutts just for fun. I started looking at the Rcom 50 Pro, thinking that would ROCK. But for just a little bitmore, I can get the Sportsman or Brinsea OvaEasy - that will do something like 270 chickens, or 190 turkeys at a time, or space each tray out a week a part, and get 60-90 turkeys/chickens per week. The prices are similar (thought the Rcom 50 is the cheapest)

I sort of feel like I'll get the 50 and then wish I had something bigger... but wondering if the bigger ones are worth the investment (and footprint) Any advice out there?

Hi, Great website!
I am fairly new to incubating, and have a couple of quick question regarding incubators and hatching. I had three of the Bower Top Hatch incubators and all three suddenly quit working right before the hatch date(s). The temperature was always erratic and holding humidity was a challenge. I didn't plan on purchasing the same incubator over and over, but the retailer replaced the incubators for free each time they broke.
Anyway, I refuse to go back to a Bower, and would like to try the Hobavotor Genesis 1588 that is highly recommended here. My question is, is it a good choice for hatching out as well as incubating? I usually get about 30 pheasant eggs and 15 peacock eggs each year to hatch. Is it tall enough to hatch out peacock chicks, and is it possible to add a tray above the egg turner to safely hatch the pipped eggs? The turner tray looks very unfriendly to hatchlings on the 1588. (?)
Thank you for any help. I greatly appreciate your suggestions and time.

I am currently using my Hova-bator 1602N for the first time. I just candled my eggs the other day on days 7 and 3 (yes, I have a staggered hatch going). I had to toss 9 of the 36 eggs I had because they weren't fertile, had unattached air cells or just never developed (shipped eggs). I paid $80 for mine - auto turner and shipping included. So far, I like it. I have some varying indoor temps thanks to my woodstove, but the temps do jump nearly as bad as my LG did. A 10 degree house temp change would mean 5 degrees for the incubator. My house has been between 60 and 97 degrees since I set my eggs. The incubator has varied between 97 and 104 (I do check it at least 4x a day and adjust as needed, too). I would like to get myself a Sportsman 1502 this year.

Glad to see Ozark Bantams on here! After reading their site about using the Brinsea Mini Advance for Call Ducks, I am doing the same! LOVE the Mini Advance! It is simple, easy, and so far is doing the job great!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom