Best informative site for artificial insemination?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Wolf-Kim, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Please post any recommendations on a website that instructs newcomers to the process of artificially inseminating chickens.

I am redesigning my system of management. I have one large coop, several large cages, and a small coup. Yet I have Marans, Dorkings, and Javas. I have a couple Giant roos roaming the yard.

I have a single injured Java roo(dislocated his wing at a young age and previous owner didn't notice until it was too stunted to do anything), my main roo was killed. I have two Dorking roos, two Marans roos, and then the two free-ranging roosters.

What I am thinking of doing is, placing all the hens in the large coop, where they have plenty of room to do their thing and plenty of nest boxes. While the roosters, I can distribute through the small coop and large cages and tether them in the yard for exercise and sun.

2. zbit

zbit Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2008
    You tube video of current method to collect from male

PouletsDeCajun started a thread and within it are instructions to collect from the male and insert collection to the female

Some information regarding AI

another bit of information

I think the above is mostly geared toward same day transfer however I do see some reference to storage of samples if needed in the last 2 articles.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by