Best layer feed

Cristails

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2017
My ladies are eating Purina currently. They had dumor first and I am not sure they really liked it. Also do you know of a place that delivers 50lbs bags of feed. When should I add scratch to their routine. They are 5 months old and 4 of my 5 chickens are laying currently. I just want what is best for them with in reason. They free range on almost 3 acres currently. Any food advice would be great. :)

We have used Mana Pro egg maker for the longest time. Lots of beautiful extra jumbo eggs. Recently a rural king has opened close by. We switched to their label. It has been a couple weeks now and we have not noticed any reduction is production.
The price is fairer and protein and other ingredients are close by comparison. I don't know what is for sale or where it is in your neck of the woods.:)

We have used Mana Pro egg maker for the longest time. Lots of beautiful extra jumbo eggs. Recently a rural king has opened close by. We switched to their label. It has been a couple weeks now and we have not noticed any reduction is production.
The price is fairer and protein and other ingredients are close by comparison. I don't know what is for sale or where it is in your neck of the woods.:)
These are photos of the products we use..
IMG_20170814_170212.jpg
IMG_20170814_170231.jpg

Re: scratch, your chickens are plenty old enough for it already. Think of it as a snack or treat and as such, don't overfeed. They definitely don't need it to be healthy and happy but most chickens do enjoy having something tasty that they can dig up.

Re: scratch, your chickens are plenty old enough for it already. Think of it as a snack or treat and as such, don't overfeed. They definitely don't need it to be healthy and happy but most chickens do enjoy having something tasty that they can dig up.
we feed scratch as a supplement. gives them some snacks after school before meal time..:)

I choose based on the date on the bag. If it's more than a couple weeks old, I don't buy it. After leaving the local TSC empty handed a couple times, I decided to try the mash at the feed mill. Cheaper and fresher and the chickens don't seem to care that it isn't pelletized.

Back
Top Bottom