Best Lemon Bar Recipe,IMO here it is

Yes. a good day of baking. just putting the last of 5 coffeecakes in the oven, also got both cakes baked. REALLY happy with the chocolate cake recipe I found epicure website.
:DNow to frost and haul over tomorrow. Then on to the lemon bars.
Your right, there are no bad lemon bars. Oh except the time I made them w2ith salt instead of sugar:gig Never made that mistake again.
I'll get back to you tomorrow and let you know how they come out.
rachael c-mother of all

Last edited:
This is the one I like. You can leave out the coconut if you desire.

Lemon Coconut Bar Cookies

-----crust-----
1 c Soft butter
1/2 c Powdered sugar
2 c Flour
1 dash Salt

-----filling-----
4 Eggs, beaten
1/4 c Flour
2 c Granulated sugar
6 Tbsp Lemon juice
Grated rind of 2 lemons
1/2 c. shredded or flaked coconut

Combine crust ingredients and mix well. Press mixture in 9 x 13- inch greased pan. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Filling:
Combine flour and sugar; mix in beaten eggs, lemon juice and
rind. Pour onto slightly cooled crust. Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes or until filling is set. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing

Do NOT cut for at least an hour so filling can set some more.

For the Lemon Cream Cheese Icing:

Not really a recipe, exactly. I melt a couple tablespoons of butter than add a splash of milk or half n half, a few tablespoons of lemon juice, about a 1/4 teaspoon of lemon extract and a half to a whole 8 oz block or cream cheese (or the Neufchatel that is lower in fat), depending on how "cheesy" I want it to be. Then, beat in maybe five cups of confectioners sugar, enough to get the right consistency

wink.png
OOOOhhh how to make good even better .... icing! The coconut is an intriguing addition as well. Isn't baking fun
wee.gif

Quote:
A 9 x 13 pan is a 1/4 sheet, so a half sheet would be twice that or 2 of the 9 x 13's.

Or you can cut the recipe in half.
smile.png

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

wee.gif

Hens4Fun, that is a great recipe! I tried yours and the Magnolia bakery and yours has a better crust, and the filling jelled better on top. Good lemonyness too.
big_smile.png
( is that a word)
Rachael c

THIS is the best recipe that Ive tasted in a very long time for lemon bars. I would suggest you use the cream cheese frosting and use the whole package. Also there are no directions for the coconut but just stir it into the filling.

Im going to try it with grahm cracker crust next time.

Thank you so much Speckled Hen. Its DELISH

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom