Best Nest Box Training Help

ashtx

In the Brooder
Sep 2, 2020
We have a Best Nest Box for our small flock of 6 chickens and are having the hardest time getting them to lay in it! They’ve been laying for about 4 months. We have tried putting hay and ceramic eggs in the box and blocking off other areas where they like to lay. They are mostly all laying on the floor of the coop in front of the Best Nest Box. I’ve tried catching one in the act of laying to transfer her into the box, but they move too quick. At first 2 of the hens were reliably using the box, now just one is using the box.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

We have a Best Nest Box for our small flock of 6 chickens and are having the hardest time getting them to lay in it! They’ve been laying for about 4 months. We have tried putting hay and ceramic eggs in the box and blocking off other areas where they like to lay. They are mostly all laying on the floor of the coop in front of the Best Nest Box. I’ve tried catching one in the act of laying to transfer her into the box, but they move too quick. At first 2 of the hens were reliably using the box, now just one is using the box.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!
I have no idea what the product is, but if it is above ground, I recommend leaving a ladder. I never knew my hens used it until i video taped it, its much easier for them

Photos of your nest area?
Here are some photos. You can see their preferred laying spot in front of the box. 🙄 Inside is hay, ceramic eggs, and I try to put other eggs in it when they are laid elsewhere.

Attachments

• 50A22878-195B-48DF-926A-C5E490AA8D94.jpeg
    50A22878-195B-48DF-926A-C5E490AA8D94.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • C838AEA5-E1BB-40B2-926B-DBD0FBD4AA9A.jpeg
    C838AEA5-E1BB-40B2-926B-DBD0FBD4AA9A.jpeg
    537 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have no idea what the product is, but if it is above ground, I recommend leaving a ladder. I never knew my hens used it until i video taped it, its much easier for them
Ok that’s an interesting idea and easy to do. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom