Best online place to buy nipples for a watering system?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
We're going to install a nipple waterering system on the outside wall of a pump house this summer.

It won't replace the waterers in the coops. It will just save me from having to run around all summer making sure all the various outside waterers/buckets/what-have-yous stay full and clean.

We have the well and the PVC enough to stretch around the world. Where's the best online place to order the nipples and valves from? I like to deal with BYC sponsors whenever possible.

TIA
smile.png

Last edited:
www.beaktime.com - If you want nipple cups. If you just want nipples to attach yourself, ebay is a good resource for cheap ones with low shipping. Just make sure you do your research on which style you want first.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks. We want just the nipples. In a way, the girls are already used to them. I tend to sling the hoses over the fence and leave them dripping. That's their favorite place to grab a cool drink. The wells are very deep, so the water is always nice and cool.
smile.png

"Try Neil Grassbaugh on this forum, best price on nipples and cheap shipping" You can contact him here: [email protected]

This was posted from a member on an earlier post. I have not ordered from him. But I would have had I heard this. Several other posters have referred to him. Search his name for more info.

Last edited:
If you have any questions, just send me a message. I answer a lot of watering questions and enjoy doing so.

I personally think that the best watering system is nipple cups so the chickens have a natural cup of water to drink from. I like nipples too but think the cups are the best for my chickens.
There are advantages to both but everyone in my community and all of my friends like providing that pool of water for their chickens to drink from.

Last edited:
Quote:
Pools of water have the same disadvantages as bowls of water.

1. Dirty water, maybe less of it but it still gets food and dirt in it.
2. Harder to keep from freezing in the winter and therefore not appropriate for most winter climates.

Have you actually used the cups? Hardly any dirt gets in them due to the size. Once a week I check on them and if there is dirt, I just swipe my finger through and get it out and then they are fine. What does get in goes to the bottom and the way that they flow, it does not disturb the small amount of dirt so the water stays fresh and clean. As far as freezing, the setup of getting water to the device is the same as nipples so nipples do not offer any advantage. As long as you have some heat source on the water and direct it into the coop like I do during the winter, it is fine. Nipples have metal ends so they are actually worse in freezing conditions.

Back
Top Bottom