Best or favorite chicken breed

Aww I saw a picture of a Spitzhauben and the top feathers look a lot like polish chickens feather I wonder if they're related. I do want Silkies but I heard that they are more susceptible to lice and mites so I may not get them.
I have had no problems with my Silkies, other than that they are so frequently broody - lol! I've had them for over 2 years, and my flock has only had mites once in all the years I've had chickens. Don't let that deter you! I love them so much, and they aren't picked on (another thing I've heard about them). And they are the best mamas! My Violet has raised multiple fosters.

I would have to say australorps. They have a wonderful temperament, they are so sweet. Great egg production. And they have beautiful coloring, in sunlight their black feathers have a green sheen to them.
Ditto! And the blue ones are sooo pretty, if you want to have more colors than just black. Mine are nice and quiet, if that matters.

I love Australorps. I have two hens and a rooster that are aussies. The hens are eggcellent layers and lay good sized eggs as well. They are soooo friendly and my rooster is very good with his hens and is very sweet to people too. I also love my French Black Copper Marans. I have two that are hens. They are EXTREMELY friendly and are pretty good layers.

Back
Top Bottom