Best outdoor rabbit hutch with run. What do yall use.

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hey everyone. I have one rabbit and she live outdoors in a rabbit hutch I got from tractor supple. But I think the wood expanded or some and the wire bottom won't stay one so we are gonna get here a new one but this time i want either a run or a play time baby gate around it so she can run and play. But I'm not sure which hutch to get, and i dont know if this wood will expand, and if it will how do I prevent that. So please can some one tell me what there bunny's like. And maybe share some pics. Thanks everyone

If you don't have the skills and tools, then repairing your current hutch may not be an option. If you posted a pix of the damaged/malfunctioning section of hutch, maybe I could suggest some easy solutions/repairs.
Consider one of these as a Bunny Run.
pak n play.PNG

This is a handy pix I recently posted to another thread for a chicken tunnel. There are 3 sections in this pix. One section costs $40
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:highfive:

Hey everyone. I have one rabbit and she live outdoors in a rabbit hutch I got from tractor supple. But I think the wood expanded or some and the wire bottom won't stay one so we are gonna get here a new one but this time i want either a run or a play time baby gate around it so she can run and play. But I'm not sure which hutch to get, and i dont know if this wood will expand, and if it will how do I prevent that. So please can some one tell me what there bunny's like. And maybe share some pics. Thanks everyone
Unfortunately those premade wooden hutches aren't well made and will rot quickly. We made a few handmade hutches out of pine lumber, and the rest of ours are the wire hutches you assemble yourself. My rabbits are kept in wire enclosures and I let one out at a time to run and play. Rabbits can dig very quickly especially females so they must be watched or kept on concrete to keep from them digging out.

I don't have any pictures of the hutch my mom and I made for our rabbits right now, but I can always upload a few later. I can't remember what type of wood we used, but I'm pretty certain it is treated. It has a wire run and a wooden enclosed barn attached. It's off the ground, though, so I take my rabbits out and put them in a wire dog pen to get exercise. I usually just sit outside and watch them because we have hawks in the area.

If you don't want to make your own hutch, I could always give you the name of the place (a store) where the lady actually let us use her hutch design and build our own. (she sells hutches)I know it was pretty expensive, though, (particularly shipping) and probably most well-made runs will be. So maybe you're better off trying to build something yourself. :idunno

I don't have any pictures of the hutch my mom and I made for our rabbits right now, but I can always upload a few later. I can't remember what type of wood we used, but I'm pretty certain it is treated. It has a wire run and a wooden enclosed barn attached. It's off the ground, though, so I take my rabbits out and put them in a wire dog pen to get exercise. I usually just sit outside and watch them because we have hawks in the area.

If you don't want to make your own hutch, I could always give you the name of the place (a store) where the lady actually let us use her hutch design and build our own. (she sells hutches)I know it was pretty expensive, though, (particularly shipping) and probably most well-made runs will be. So maybe you're better off trying to build something yourself. :idunno
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom