Premixed sprays.

Attachments

• PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    PermethrinSprayRev(2).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 8
  • PermethrinSpray.jpg
    PermethrinSpray.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
Black flies (if we are talking about the same bug)
The kind I’m talking about I guess would be gnats. I’ve just always called them black flies. They’re the little jerks that get stuck in the corner of your eye and dive bomb into you.

The problem I run into with the mosquito discs is I don’t think I can put them into the crick behind my house. Well I could but I don’t think it would make much of a difference. There’s parts of the crick that has standing water and I feel like the mosquitoes definitely breed down there. Beavers actually dam the thing up every year. The mosquitoes and small flies are worse the farther down the yard you go.

The problem I run into with the mosquito discs is I don’t think I can put them into the crick behind my house. Well I could but I don’t think it would make much of a difference. There’s parts of the crick that has standing water and I feel like the mosquitoes definitely breed down there.
Put the discs in a mesh bag/box in the standing water part and tie to the shore.
Spraying permethrin willy nilly is not going to help much...
..and if it gets into that waterway, it will kill a bunch of good bugs, including things taht eat mosquito larva.

Put the discs in a mesh bag/box in the standing water part and tie to the shore.
Spraying permethrin willy nilly is not going to help much...
..and if it gets into that waterway, it will kill a bunch of good bugs, including things taht eat mosquito larva.
That’s a good idea. Thank you. I was worried about killing off good bugs so was going to spray conservatively. I try not to spray any chemicals around my yard but when I read what mosquitoes and gnats can do to chickens I wanted to protect them.

Back
Top Bottom