best place for small quantities of chicks?

You can also wait til we have another ChickenStock at the Milford NH
Tractor Supply this spring.
Great event and there are ALWAYS chicks to be bought and sold.

I am planning on placing a combined order for myself and my barn owner this spring from Ideal.

What breed(s) are you interested in?

Quote:
With Ideal you order by total price. Last year I wanted 4 chicks. So I placed the order for the 4 and then added a t shirt and some other small things. Ta Da! Over the $25!! I ordered in May and didnt get any extra chicks.

I want 9 chicks and have been searching (to no avail) for someone who would split an order with me this spring (April/May). Ideal, Meyer, and My Pet Chicken all have the breeds that I want. I live in Western CT and would be willing to meet half way - say in Springfield, MA? What do you think? I'm not sure where Russia, NY is but maybe Chicken Obsessed would like to go in on an order with us too?

I'm above concord and was going to order chicks mid feb from Ideal or wait for agway down the road...don't know their minimum order:/ I was figuring february so they'd be outside by april and egging july/aug. it sounds so far away
sad.png
I WANT THEM NOW!!
hit.gif

IS THERE A CHICKEN SWAP FOR TRACTOR SUPPLY IN TILTON IN THE SPRING?

Last edited:
I'm not sure how close to Keene, NH you are, but the Agway there gets chicks in the Spring also. And yes, like someone else mentioned, go with 3. That's what I did and it's working out nicely. Of course, I'm planning on turning that 3 into 6 in a few more months!

Sorry I haven't replied, I've been looking a bit more into it and have decided to go for 18 - 20 week pullets.. I'm going to try and get them from BE Pepin Poultry, in Weare, NH.. Anyone bought from there?

Back
Top Bottom