Best pre-made coop?

Let's try this again...

Here's the full setup, you can see the chicken wire on the ground, I'm going to add more sod staples and cover/pack down with dirt. Our yard is heavy clay, so when it dries, nothing will be able to get in:
Full setup.jpg

Outside feeder/waterer:
Outside feeder waterer.jpg

Inside the door:
Inside man door.jpg

Roosting area:
: Inside roost.jpg

Nest boxes, latched up:
Outside nest boxes.jpg

Fortified window (I would have put hardware cloth inside too, but I wouldn't be able to raise/lower the window):
Outside window.jpg

not sure and not needing to know what your budget is I was looking at the sheds that Lowes have to sell from Heartland and I like it but I have to save up the money to have them to bring it to me and build it.

What u could do is buy a bigger house without the run and when it arrives build a good sized run I know a lot of ones
PS if u do buy pre made run and coop go to a local hardware and ask for something to water proof and make the wood last longer cause it's a common problem with the premades they often can be no waterproof and are only designed to last Max 2 years if u have bad weather like where I'm at

I have already ordered exactly that same coop and run. Great minds and all... ;)

I might expand the run, that's why I liked the Rugged Ranch because it's modular. I could also add another coop and connect two runs together. If you have any questions about the assembly let me know. Ours is a little over-engineered, but I didn't want it just sitting in the dirt and I had a lot of paver stones. I'm thinking about putting really big lanscaping rocks around the sides over the hardware cloth and adding dirt and rock garden. Our yard is hard, compacted clay that is like concrete when it dries, so I'm really not that concerned about something digging that far under.

I'm also thinking about a chicken tractor for when we're home, I can just build that myself since it won't have to be quite as sturdy as their permanent home.

The idea of an apron is that the animal will start digging at the bottom of the wall and hit the apron.
If the apron is covered with a pile of rocks or pavers it may start digging at the edge of those and end up under the apron.

Back
Top Bottom