Best Quality Breeder? (SOP)

Dec 1, 2020
Western Washington
Hi! I am wanting to start showing chickens at my local fair. I am VERY interested in showing Salmon faverolles, but they are very hard to find in my area. I am also interested in Silver laced wyandottes, and Americaunas (blue wheaten and silver are my favorites). Its hard to find really good high quality breeders. I would go off the big hatcheries but I hear way to many stories of dark red faverolles and mostly black wyandottes (I have one myself 😂 ). So does anyone have any suggestions of smaller hatcheries that breed to breed standards? So far ive found green fire, two different dragonfly farms, and brink haven farms. However brink haven says their birds are small than standards, green fire is awesome but doesn't have the breeds im looking for. and I am contacting dragonfly about theirs right now. I would also love to hear about any other awesome breeders with cool exotic birds. Thank you!

Americaunas (blue wheaten and silver are my favorites).
I see you are in Western Washington, as am I. Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas are awesome. I’ve been recommended to a few breeders who carry them in the past. I’m sure there is an Ameraucana breeders directory, I’ll see if I can find one for you. In the mean time you could check out this PNW Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/269...079496205614&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

Here’s the Ameraucana Breeder club breeder Directory by state:

http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/docs/breedersdirectory_state.pdf

This person at the very bottom of the Washington section carries blue wheaten.

A6E8EBC1-8A29-42F1-967C-D7807BF45850.jpeg

I see you are in Western Washington, as am I. Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas are awesome. I’ve been recommended to a few breeders who carry them in the past. I’m sure there is an Ameraucana breeders directory, I’ll see if I can find one for you. In the mean time you could check out this PNW Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/269940534076470/?multi_permalinks=441397926930729,441381880265667,440244007046121,441379296932592,439382517132270&notif_id=1617079496205614&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif
Oh nice!! Aren't they though!?

Okay thank you, I will check that out.

I personally think you’re going about it the wrong way. Why show someone else’s birds? That is what you are doing by purchasing “high” quality birds. The fun in showing birds is just that showing what you have done with them. Just my 2 cents.

I personally think you’re going about it the wrong way. Why show someone else’s birds? That is what you are doing by purchasing “high” quality birds. The fun in showing birds is just that showing what you have done with them. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, very true and I have thought about doing this as well. That is buying average to low quality birds from big breeders and making them better. I am am sure I will do this in the future probably with Faverolles as there aren't many around here. But at the moment Im not that patient and wise to breed them from low quality to SOP show quality 😂

I can’t help you all I have is blue & black Ameraucana
Oh I LOVE the blue ones too. But there is something about the wheaten I like even more. I may have just gotten obsessed with it due to my never-ending search for salmon faverolles around here 😂. But I see the Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas as basically a faverolles that lays blue eggs😂 (besides also being clean legged which is a plus for me)

Back
Top Bottom