Best racoon bait!!

I have read, but have not tried, that if you place a treble hook inside the bird and tie the end of the line to a post, the predator will swallow the hook and will be stuck there. Of course, you must be ready to shoot it, so don`t try it if you have a week stomach. This may sound inhumane, but it does work.

Cassie, just about anything will attract a raccoon. They are omnivores. A 12x30 cage trap with a sweet bait works well. I use Strawberry Sugar Wafers for all of my raccoon, skunk and opossum work.

Josiah, not only would hooks be inhumane, but most likely illegal in every state.

Cassie, just about anything will attract a raccoon. They are omnivores. A 12x30 cage trap with a sweet bait works well. I use Strawberry Sugar Wafers for all of my raccoon, skunk and opossum work.

Josiah, not only would hooks be inhumane, but most likely illegal in every state.
I agree that many things will attract a racoon. However, it seems most interested in her chickens.

As to it being illegal, I did not think of that, and as I said, I have not tried. Thanks for the idea about the trap!

Caught a possum in my trap. It had already killed 3 of my younger birds
1f624.png
. I'm still sure it was a coon that killed the other 3 last week. Different kill style and the possum only went for small 1 month old chicks. I'm going to keep the trap out every night until I get that racoon! At least the possum is out of the picture now

Many raccoons can come in at night i have caught many at a job ,someones poorly setup of a coop. People call me and say my chickens are getting killed , look to see the coop all messed up ( Holes)or no fence.. Feel sorry for them but its there own fault.

raccoons will eat anything ..will they go into a trap when they are smart..no..

Back
Top Bottom