Best Rooster Names?

Pics

TheLadyChickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 4, 2011
Williamston, MI
Hi everyone!

Share your rooster's names and pictures if you like! I enjoy hearing the humorous names people honor their roosters with!

Our little Holland/Barred Rock rooster is Roofio (from the movie Hook) or Rufio if we want to spell it correctly
wink.png

I currently have Rooster Man (Speckled Sussex)
Fang (Black polish)
Gorgeous George (BLRW)
I had Rocky (RIR) who got killed by a coyote.

But the silliest are Butterscotch, Chocolate, Hot Fudge and Oreo - I hatched them all (with their sis, Vanilla) and they are cross breeds, no idea what they are. It took so long for them to start looking and acting like roos, I thought they were all hens, so I named them thinking they were, but oh no... definitely roosters...

71606_p1090353.jpg

these were my boys before we moved to another island.. the one in the front is Big Rock and his bro Little Rock. and in the back round is one of the 4 "Roxies". sadly Big Rock was moved to a neighbors to have his own girls shortly before we moved and was killed by a dog
hit.gif
but Little Rock moved to a friends farm with all the girls and they are doing great.. i miss them
smile.png

Spike - named after the character from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

5554059231_f2c59edffa_z.jpg

Bowie
- named after, well, you know

image3.jpg

Weldfinn - named after a chocolatier, since he is after all a Marans

5394985786_55c8bf7615_z.jpg

Cookies'n'Cream - well just look at that color
wink.png

5998420083_1a212ef394_z.jpg

Marango - Name of Napoleon's horse. He sure thinks he's as big as a horse, too. photo is from a year ago; his spurs are about 2 1/2" long now

6168152863_73ac1eff3b_z.jpg

Godzilla - he's about as tall and big as godzilla too
wink.png

6163648402_65c8e141ca_z.jpg

Last edited:
lol! I love Godzilla! What on earth kind of chicken is he??
My smallest 11 wk old Silkie youngster is the sweetest thing in the world with people but ornery as the devil with other chickens besides his hatch-mates. It's so hard to get irritated at him because he'll peck another chicken then run up and hop on my lap.
His name is "My Sweet Baboo" from Charlie Brown
smile.png
Ya gotta say the whole phrase and ya gotta sing it haha!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom