Best Tasting Chicken Breed

Well... I popped back in here to see why this thread was getting so much attention -figured it had to be good- and this is what I saw! Well, at least my question was answered...

KFC silkies...crispy batter fried morsels of pure EVIL.

timeout_chooks_LCRT2007.jpg

Last edited:
Purely subjective. Tastes vary. Not everybody likes the same thing. I like free-range dual-purp birds the best, for flavor, but broilers are nice and tender and nice for quick cooking methods, like frying.

I'm working on developing something in between the broiler and the modern dual-purp. To me, that will be the perfect chicken. Somebody else may not agree. And that's ok.

So, what the best tasting breed is: It depends on what you, personally, prefer. Nobody else can answer that for you.

Everyone is different. We all have in our genetic makeup to avoid certain foods that may be similar to those containing poison. How many of you HATE brocholi? Well, the ability to taste for bitter is controlled by your own DNA. If you inherited a double dose of the gene, you will not like it. If you inherited only one of the genes, you will probably not like it when young , but later in life you will be OK with it. If you have not inherited the gene at all, you will always like it. Also your sense of smell, touch and sense of sight will greatly affect your afinity to like, dislike or be OK with a food. Example: For me, I can't even stand the smell of peanut butter and often gag or puke if I get too close to it, while my wife loves it. Our kids are OK with it and will eat it, but not seek it out.

Quote:
Well, he definitely raises them. It is one of the few things I disagree with Salatin about. The Cornish X is not sustainable agriculture.

I just ordered 25 Dark Cornish chicks. From what I have seen, that's enough bird for me.

I am confused...Why is the Cornish X not sustainable when there is more of them raised then any other type bird combined? They have to come from somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom