Best thermometer/hygrometer with probe?

Pics

Painted Calls

Still the Mayor
Premium Feather Member
Aug 26, 2019
Preparing to try hatching Calls for the first time. I've been pouring over Amazon for a week now comparing thermometer/hygrometer stats and reviews. It is an endless rabbit hole. Once I think I found a good one, I read a few reviews that say it's not accurate enough for an incubator...

What is the best thermometer/hygrometer in y'all's experience? I need the kind with a probe, as I have a tiny bator and a big unit isn't going to fit with 12 eggs.

Been test running it for a week now. I can't get the humidity up above 55% - and that's with having the vent completely closed and the well completely filled! I'm really hoping the incubator's reading is just wrong. At this point I'm afraid I'll need to try putting them into my fish tank for lock down. :barnie

Help please.
run-circles.gif

I bought two of these. I know you want one with a probe but these are very small. I may hang one using fishing line from the vent hole in my incubator so it doesn't take up space for one egg. I'll hang it so it is as close to the level of the eggs as possible. The other one will be sitting where an egg should be. After testing mine for two weeks I've found they are very accurate.
DF15DAB1-7379-438C-9C8E-D8EBDDD1D89A.png

I use a incuview from incubator warehouse has the little probe or wire that I can set inside and the monitor on the outside. Mine was accurate when tested been using it a while its still doin its thing. I bought another farm innovators incubator tonight with the digital read outs on it but went ahead and ordered another incuview to use with this.

I use a incuview from incubator warehouse has the little probe or wire that I can set inside and the monitor on the outside. Mine was accurate when tested been using it a while its still doin its thing. I bought another farm innovators incubator tonight with the digital read outs on it but went ahead and ordered another incuview to use with this.
Does the probe measure humidity or just temp? I'm more concerned about humidity.

I don't know about "best", but I recently got two zoo med ones and when I calibrated them they were quite good compared to other thermometers and hygrometers I've tested. Both were off only a half degree. For the humidity test, one was under by 3% (showing 72%) and one was off by 1% (showing 74%). So for the price, pretty solid, and you can find them in quite a few box stores.

I don't know about "best", but I recently got two zoo med ones and when I calibrated them they were quite good compared to other thermometers and hygrometers I've tested. Both were off only a half degree. For the humidity test, one was under by 3% (showing 72%) and one was off by 1% (showing 74%). So for the price, pretty solid, and you can find them in quite a few box stores.
I've been looking at the Zoo Med I believe you're talking about.

Along with 384748393 others. 😅

I've been looking at the Zoo Med I believe you're talking about.

Along with 384748393 others. 😅

Hahaha...probably. There are way too many options nowadays, and half the time you can't trust the reviews (especially if they're overwhelmingly positive with no negatives in sight).

It's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digital-Thermometer-Humidity/dp/B06XY3X7P9/, though I'd recommend getting it locally if you can that way if there's an issue you can exchange or return it far easier. I know Petsmart carries them. Walmart might.

Back
Top Bottom