Best type of quail?

silkielover5

Songster
8 Years
Sep 11, 2011
Hudson WI
Been thinking about getting quail but can't decide on what type. They would be kept in a large insulated pen its probably about 4 ft by 3 ft in my shed ( lots of natural light, ill post picture later) I'm not a fan of the brown color I like the snowflake pattern and the painted, love button quail but heard they have to be kept indoors?

I have a few of these the top ones have a plexiglass screen that slides over the wire front and have a dimmer switch so I can control the temp

Thanks! That's actually one of my cochin bantams just bought her so she's in isolation for a bit. I have chicks in one here in WI it's been about 30 degrees but its keeping it at around 80 and the lights not even fully on so it holds heat pretty well. Could buttons be good in there? Haha they are just so adorable and have prettier colors than other quail! And how many of any breed could I keep in one?

Oh, it's hard to see in that pic lol. 80 would be ok for them. As for diff breeds I'm not sure cause I only have buttons right now. I'll be getting some coturnix soon and plan to keep both coturnix and buttons together.

Back
Top Bottom