best wattage for incubator bulb

thanks Tazcat, Rooster red, and Sgray- I am going to get a 40W when I step out for the therm/hyd- I dont have any pictures yet. I want to move the fan though. I placed it towards the top and I want to put it lower and right above the light bulb. As it is now(90 angle from bulb and thermostat) it is blowing air towards the thermostat : it seems like the side of the incubator that does not have light, therm and fan is much cooler than other side. I want to move the fan above the light bulb and on the same side instead of at a 90 degree angle. thanks for the encouragement.
smile.png
For duck though are you supposed to turn and how are yoi supposed to mist IM SO CONGUSED WHAT IS MISTING and whats a fan fir and what am i supposed to do when sttong temp

Get a variety of sizes from 25W to 75 or 100W to start with. Regular incandescent bulbs are more versatile than heat lamp bulbs. Change the wattage as necessary to accomodate the weather and the age of the chicks. They should not congregate at either the warmest or coolest part of the incubator.

I put a 25W bulb in but now I am thinking a 60W might be better. I have been running my incubator over night since I built it but the temp doesnt seem too even. I think I need to move the fan. I have to go get a thermometer/hydrometer today at Walmart(it was too cold this weekend).
I am just wondering if a 60W bulb would be better or worse?

(Im already jittery and I dont even have eggs in)
th.gif
I used LED bulb and it was too cool.
Then I doubted the hatching, and then used 100 watt bulb but the eggs were over heated .

Back
Top Bottom