best way to buy different breed of chicks

FennyCoop

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2019
Hanover, PA
I'm looking to buy a Cochin Chick, Speckled Sussex Chick, Buff Orpington Chick, Easter Egger Chick and Polish Chick. I want to get them all as chicks together that way they all grow up together but I know my chances of finding them all at the same place is slim. Any suggestions on how I could possibly make this happen? Buy online?

Buy online. I got 10 different breeds all at once. There's tons of hatchery options. I personally like Welp Hatchery. They were nice and even helped me over the phone when the chicks got sick with coccidiosis. The chicks all arrived safely, no dead ones. It was pretty chilly outside too, I got them early March last year.

Yes. Buy online, unless you can find a local breeder raising all of them.
Almost any major hatchery has all those breeds but only a couple will allow you to buy only 5 chicks.
Cackle, Meyer, Murry McMurray are choices but I know My Pet Chicken will sell smaller numbers.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy a Cochin Chick, Speckled Sussex Chick, Buff Orpington Chick, Easter Egger Chick and Polish Chick. I want to get them all as chicks together that way they all grow up together but I know my chances of finding them all at the same place is slim. Any suggestions on how I could possibly make this happen? Buy online?
Pretty sure ideal poultry sells them all. As long as you don’t want show quality. Mine are still cute and happy.

Back
Top Bottom