Best way to clean wood laminate floors?

I have a similar problem, which is why I use vinegar and water for my spot cleans only. For a very thorough mopping I use Merphy's Oil Soap, which is labeled for laminate flooring, and I mop really well then dry the entire floor with swifter mop modified to hold cotton towels.

Quote:
Hmm, that's interesting. My ex husband did (does) hardwood flooring for a living also, has for many years, and he always suggested vinegar to his customers. I have always used it with no problems. Not straight of course, but very diluted in water and with a well wrung mop. Rammy, the only other thing I was going to suggest would be Murphy's Oil Soap, but it sounds like you've already tried that. Sorry, I got nothing then!
hmm.png

The correct product to use on your floor is what the manufacturer suggests.
Floor made by "Tarkett"? Then go to Tarkett's website and look up their instructions for maintanence.
For ceramic; you use a neutral based cleaner.

Shop Vac - Swiffer wet mop pads. This is what I use at the Bed and Breakfast I work at. High traffic, floors look really good. baileybunkhouse.com
big_smile.png

Last edited:
laminate here. roomba to vacuum it. really dirty, an antibacterial floor cleaner. to shine it once clean, mop n glo. covers the dog and cat and kid scratches.

I use a wife to clean my floors. Cause I'm a big dumb guy and I'm only good at putting gas in at the gas pump, and have no idea how to load a dishwasher either. Of course I just burnt my floor with molten glass, I was board the wife was gone and I had a torch and an empty vodka bottle.... Hot broken glass is hard to pick up with bare hands. Two weeks before that I started the house on fire while building a smoker, but that's another story. So to avoid me damaging anything else I leave it to the expert.

Quote:
Hmm, that's interesting. My ex husband did (does) hardwood flooring for a living also, has for many years, and he always suggested vinegar to his customers. I have always used it with no problems. Not straight of course, but very diluted in water and with a well wrung mop. Rammy, the only other thing I was going to suggest would be Murphy's Oil Soap, but it sounds like you've already tried that. Sorry, I got nothing then!
hmm.png

Lol if I were a car mechanic I would recommend you put sugar I'n your gas tank. Sounds like the hubby knows how to stay in business. Jk I'm sure he is a great guy, but thought it so I typed it. I have no filter lol

Quote:
hmm.png

Lol if I were a car mechanic I would recommend you put sugar I'n your gas tank. Sounds like the hubby knows how to stay in business. Jk I'm sure he is a great guy, but thought it so I typed it. I have no filter lol

I just saw he is your ex sorry lol I'm stupid tired time for bed

Quote:

I just saw he is your ex sorry lol I'm stupid tired time for bed

Yeah, but he recommended that for me to use on the floors he installed for us when we were married, so that would be counter productive. I'd just say professional opinions just vary. I advise against things in my business that others in the same field swear by. And yeah, he's my ex but that doesn't make him not a great guy, no need to apologize. Just not a great guy for me.
lol.png
I'm not one of those bitter divorced women who hates my ex. He's a good guy for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom