Best Way to Disinfect Shed From Mouse Poo and Pee?

Thanks for the input. The only mice i've caught so far are in the rat zapper. i just pick up the zapper and dump the mouse into a plastic bag. No touching at all. i will use gloves for everything else. i have a big package of them.

i think i will dump the brooms after doing a thorough clean-out. i will dump that fluffy blanket that they chewed up. The other sheets and such i can wash with super hot water and clorox.

i just hate this.
sad.png

I had a mouse problem on a farm where I lived 25 years ago. I sympathize with you. I never realized that mice are stinky, but they are!
sickbyc.gif

If you feel like it, post back here when you're done and we all can give you a much deserved pat on the back.

Colleen,

I bought Advantage 256 at the advice of the sales rep for Purina. I used it to clean and disinfect my coop, feeders, waterers, etc when I suspected we had a viral respiratory disease going on with our flock. It is very effective and safe to use around poultry. A little goes a long way when diluted. If you want to come over I could pour you a jar of it to try.

Here's the scoop.

Advantage 256 - 21% triple "true" phenolic cleaner-disinfectant-deodorant effective in 10% organic challenge and 1000 ppm hard water. At a dilution of 1:256, Advantage 256 is staphlocidal, pseudomonacidal, bactericidal, fungicidal, tuberculocidal, and virucidal. Advantage 256 is recommended for use in poultry and turkey hatcheries, breeder/growing houses, ratite facilities, swine producing facilities, equine facilities, veal barns, cattle raising facilities, animal care facilities, hospitals, and health care institutions. More info...
D-256 is a one-step germicidal detergent and deodorant recommended for use in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, colleges, commercial and industrial institutions, office buildings, veterinary clinics, animal life science laboratories, equine farms, dairy farms, hog farms, breeding establishments, grooming establishments, and households. Disinfects, cleans and deodorizes floors, walls, metal surfaces, stainless steel surfaces, glazed porcelain, plastic surfaces (such as polypropylene, polystyrene, etc.), and other hard nonporous surfaces. This product has disinfectant, pseudomonacidal, staphylocidal, bactericidal, fungicidal-mildewstatic and virucidal action.

Just let me know! You can drop off that showgirl at the same time!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

That was just me being silly. I am serious about the Advantage 256.

Mary

i have another post about my meece problem in my shed. Our entire wood shed and everything in it is covered in mouse pee and poo. i only noticed when i started pulling out plastic bins of Christmas decorations. So, i know i will need to move everything out, including the hutches with my broodies and babies. i can shop vac up the poo, wash down all the bins. But is there something i can spray the interior of the shed with that will disinfect it? The inside of the shed is wood and some fake wood paneling. Floor is wood. It can't be too toxic as i want to put the babies back in there. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Arson is the only sure cure
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom