Best way to get a variety of day old chicks?

Where in Oregon are you located? There are a lot of feed stores that sell chicks in the spring. Many of them have a large selection of breeds. I live just north of Portland. I have purchased the majority of my chicks at the feed stores. I have been happy with all of them. The only place that I had issues was from a local "breeder". The majority of mine were purchased from Wilco (Battle Ground, Wa.) and Coastal Farm (Gresham, Or.). Sexing was about 90% accurate. I understand each Wilco store operates their Chick program independently from each other. I did stop in at one other Wilco and was disappointed in their selection, knowledge, and chick setup. I have heard the Oregon City store is good too.

Thanks felidaet,
I am in Hood River. We are now thinking about going through Far West Hatchery in Canby. I am picky about which breeds I want, otherwise I could get them at a store. We met the owner of Far West this summer at the fair, he was very nice and very knowledgeable. They have lots of breeds, offer vaccination and I like that I can pick them up right from the hatchery. It's also nice to support a local business.

Back
Top Bottom